The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is a non-profit law firm that defends religious freedom for people of all faiths. Becket is seeking a dynamic professional to provide paralegal services and research in support of its nationwide litigation practice.
Hours and Location:
This is a full-time position in Becket’s office in Washington, DC.
- Demonstrated commitment to defending religious liberty for all;
- Superb cite checking, proofreading and copyediting skills;
- Thorough knowledge of The Bluebook and other legal style guides preferred;
- Inquisitive, entrepreneurial, and analytical mind;
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a fast-paced litigation environment;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong command of Office 2013, Adobe, and Google Docs; and
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Prepare legal briefs and other court documents for filing;
- Maintain electronic and paper files;
- Draft correspondence; and
- Communicate with courts, government agencies, clients and outside counsel.
- Attorney resumes will not be considered for this position.
- Becket offers generous benefits and salaries commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter in which they explain their interest in furthering Becket’s commitment to religious liberty for all faiths.
- Resume and cover letters should be sent to Meg Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.