Becket seeks a Government Affairs Fellow with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our fast-paced, innovative government affairs team. This position is designed as a two-year fellowship with intentional career mentorship. It reports to Becket’s Government Affairs Counsel and is a Washington, D.C.-based position. A law degree and an existing familiarity with religious liberty jurisprudence are assets but are not necessary.
Candidates should demonstrate the following qualifications in their applications:
- A demonstrated commitment to protecting religious liberty for all.
- Minimum 2 years with a federal agency or congressional office (or comparable work experience).
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory tracking.
- Proven research skills and agility to write for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Track record for growing relationships and building trust with key partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups both inside and outside the firm.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, references, and writing sample to Hailey Hannigan at email@example.com.